Re: Patents can be for good, not only evil

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:38:45 -0700
"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How many Working Group participants who vent on patent issues have
> read RFC 3669?
> Of those who have read it, how many consider it to be binding?

It's not binding because it's Informational.  However, the topic is
frequently covered in WG Chair training sessions.  There's a prominent
link to IPR issues on the WG Chair's page, including a separate Wiki
just on IPR (and the introduction page there explicitly cites 3669).

That's not a substitute for all WG participants knowing it, but I'd
guess that most chairs do, and can bring it up as appropriate.