Experimental TLS Authorization Standard

I trust the IETF to not endorse any manner of “standard” that is encumbered by one or more patents.  All standards must be implementable by whosoever will without the need to license technology.  The provision of nonretractable royalty-free licensing available to whosoever will may be sufficient to adequately open such a standard but I feel it is better not to have IETF approval of proprietary technology.  Please keep the Internet open.