Re: The IETF duty for Carbon emissions, energy use &ct.

Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Whether your objective is to reduce carbon emissions because of
> global warming concerns or reduce dependence on fossil fuels that are
> increasingly in short supply, there is a real incentive to reduce
> energy use.
>
> If teleconferencing actually worked the need to hold face to face
> meetings would be reduced.

   I am constantly surprised how little interest there is within IETF
for teleconferecing that works well.

> By work I mean really work, not almost, not provided there is no NAT,
> not provided the firewall has pinhole router configuration.

   These are all "security" issues, for which we could find end-runs.
The problem I see is that we just don't care. :^(

--
John Leslie <john@xxxxxxx>