RE: Comments on draft-aboba-sg-experiment-02

Yes, and this translates in IETF speech into having a viable technical concept which is caught in a sound charter, proved resources and community interest plus early code and individual I-Ds as very desirable additions.

A SG process would not replace those, but could help achieve them in a more structured manner, or alternatively help the community and the IESG realize that it's not the case or the time for this work to happen.

Dan

From: Spencer Dawkins [mailto:spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Dan (and Gab) have been around the IEEE a lot more than I have, but one of the translation issues I'm wondering about is that the go/no-go decision in IEEE seems a lot more straighforward in IEEE than in IETF - if you have a plausible PAR and reasonable answers to the Five Criteria, doesn't the decision tend toward "go"?