Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

At 12:08 AM +1000 9/16/07, Mark Andrews wrote:
 >	interestingly, some software vendors ship w/ license
	keys tied to IP addresses... particularly for enterprise
	level stuff.  not so easy to update in my experience.

	I've always thought that practice to be STUPID.  It was
	stupid 15 years ago and it is still stupid today.

The fact that you as an individual thing it is stupid (in uppercase or lowercase) is irrelevant. Several large vendors disagree with you. Their customers have gotten used to dealing with this and do not consider it so onerous as to change to the other large vendors who use a different licensing scheme.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium