Re: The Internet 2.0 box Was: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all

> > 	/48 PA assignments to the customer is sufficient.
> > 	for roaming clients (like travelling laptops with PPP) there's a
> > 	different requirement.
> >
> IMHO even a traveling laptop with PPP needs to be able to subnet.
> I've lost count of the number of times I've needed to do this in IPv4
> but been stuck with a single /32.  I have also lost count of the number
> of times I've used a laptop as a router in the days when I had a /28
> routed to me.  Built in NAT capability for IPv4 that allows a single PPP
> connection to be shared over wireless seems fairly common these days.
> We need the equivalent capability in IPv6, just without NAT.

	agreed, like your laptop providing connectivity for your music player
	(like iPod), SIP-ready phone (like Symbian phones) and such.
	the internet infrastructure should keep options open for the other
	industry player to play with.

itojun