RE: The Internet 2.0 box Was: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all

If we can meet the needs of 80% of Internet users with some form of shared access there will be more addresses left for the 20% with greater needs.

I suspect that the actual percentages are more like 95% and 5%.

My Internet use is certainly not typical, it is considerably more intensive than the median user.

And as for the claim that I would saddle the Internet with a 1970s technology, I don't think that DNS counts. For a start the SRV record only appeared in the late 90s. It is much easier to rant against something when you don't bother to find out what it is.

Still I note that Kieth is no longer opposing IPv4 NAT which is something.