Re: e2e

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Keith Moore wrote:

> I do think there might be some merit in having designated outgoing mail
> servers for any particular domain,

How do you intend to support forwarding? or do you have in mind something
like CSA not SPF?

> I also think there might be some merit in holding mail on the sender's
> outgoing mail server until the receiver's MX is willing to deal with it,
> thus pushing more of the costs toward the sender of a message.

If I am not sure about the legitimacy of a message, it's better for me
to get as much information about it as possible (i.e. receive the whole
thing) so that my AI has the best chance of producing the right result.
The only case where delaying email might help is when I expect that more
information (e.g. from reputation services) might be available later. In
other cases, delays only harm legitimate email and don't hinder spammers
at all, since spammers have infinite computer resources.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@xxxxxxxx>  http://dotat.at/
IRISH SEA: SOUTHERLY, BACKING NORTHEASTERLY FOR A TIME, 3 OR 4. SLIGHT OR