Re: [manet] Last Call: draft-ietf-manet-iana (Internet AssignedNumbers Authority (IANA) Allocations for the Mobile Ad hocNetworks (MANET) Working Group) to Proposed Standard

I think that supporting both UDP and an IP protocol number would make
ensuring interoperability more difficult. If I hear from the WG that
there is a leaning toward leaving UDP and switching to an IP protocol
number, then we can consider it.

As of today, I have not heard enough support for this change.

Ian Chakeres