RE: Domain Centric Administration, RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-historic-00.txt

> From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore@xxxxxxxxxx]

> from a security point the thing to do is for everyone to
> disconnect from the Internet and go back to stone knives and
> bear skins.

That does not work. The Internet has driven a coach and horses through the assumptions that underly the financial services infrastructure even if the bank never connects to the net.

The fact that the bad guys can network to trade stolen credit card numbers is the most significant impact of the Internet on credit card fraud.

> in other words, you want to effectively cripple residential
> users to only running applications that are supported by big
> media companies, and hamper the development of new
> applications on the internet.

Oh so I am the one who is peddling FUD eh? The above pretty much looks like FUD to me.

The whole point of domain centric is that anyone who wants to set their own rules can. All they need to do is to buy themselves a domain name.

If you don't own your domain name someone else if going to be making the rules for you anyway so it isn't an additional expense.