Re: [Tsvwg] Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt (Specifying NewCongestion Control Algorithms) to BCP

Mark Allamn,

	I always have a "internal fight" when I read these
	documents as whether they are meant as a BCP type
	document or...

	So, if I can add my thoughts..

	1) Architecture design and implementation can be two completely
	   different items for acceptance criteria. Thus, I might propose
	   the floowing items:

	  - two or more implimentations using a new alternate cc algorithm
	    could be used as interoperability against each other and another
	    cc algor..

	  - if possible, a Linux, xBSD, etc public reference should be
	    available,

	  - experiences using the new cc algorithm should be available,

	  - ALL new CC algorithms SHOULD pass through a preliminary
	    experimental stage..

	2) What is the expected consequences if a private entitity
	   implements a private/IP CC algorithm that is unfair, etc..

	3) Classification (ordering) of a CC algorithm that is used
	   as a TCP option, so two endpoints can determine which
	   CC algorithm is used at each endpoint,

	4) Support for a CC algorithm in one environment, ie LFN..

	5) Well known TCP CC algorithms that may use non-standard options:
	ie: 10 Dup-ACKs for a fast re-xmit..

	6) Specifiying a minimum inter-packet gap based on recent history
	   to minimize ANY CC alg from implmenting say a 100 seg burst,
	   from a non-slow start re-start...

	Mitchell Erblich