Re: IAOC Communications Plan: Review Requested

Simon Josefsson wrote:

> I'm not sure it automatically imply that there are any indexes,
> a log of who made what changes when, or a search function, etc.

Some wikis offer a revision history and a search function, e.g.
most openspf.org pages are based on a Wiki, which is a fork of
"Usemod".  That offers a news feed (RSS) for "recent changes".

The IAOC wiki is broken at the moment (at least from my POV),
but the IESG wiki using the same software has similar features,
check out <http://tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/timeline>

At the end of this page you find the feed URL.

> it should be required that all pages are reachable from a
> single 'Table of Contents' page, that the log of changes in
> all files are available publicly, and that a list of recent
> changes is available.

<http://tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/TitleIndex>
<http://tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/RecentChanges>

It's all there (for the IESG wiki)

> A search function would also be usable.

Fom the index I saw that a page FolkloreDrinks should exist,
and when I input that in the search form at the top I arrive
on a page with that title.

> Setting up a mailing list that receives notification of
> every change to the wiki is another idea.

IMO redundant if there's a news feed.  You could watch it
with a "google alert", and let the "alert" post to blogger
readable as pure HTML (i.e. without feed reader or ugly
Javascript approximations of a feed reader).  It's more
straight forward if you simply bookmark "recent changes".

Frank