Re: IAOC Communications Plan: Review Requested

The plan says that the primary form of communication with the community
will be in the form of a public Wiki.  A "Wiki" is unfortunately not a
precise term.  I'm not sure it automatically imply that there are any
indexes, a log of who made what changes when, or a search function, etc.

I would suggest that it should be required that all pages are reachable
from a single 'Table of Contents' page, that the log of changes in all
files are available publicly, and that a list of recent changes is
available.  A search function would also be usable.  Setting up a
mailing list that receives notification of every change to the wiki is
another idea.

If these mechanisms are not in place someone could create a wiki page
'OnSomeThingObscure' and if that page was never linked from any other
page, I doubt that anybody will find it.  It seems incorrect to me to
call writing such a page "communicating with the community".

Thanks,
Simon