Re: Last Call: draft-williams-on-channel-binding (On the Use ofChannel Bindings to Secure Channels) to Proposed Standard

<inline>
Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey Hutzelman" <jhutz@xxxxxxx>
To: "Randy Presuhn" <randy_presuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "ietf" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Jeffrey Hutzelman" <jhutz@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-williams-on-channel-binding (On the Use ofChannel
Bindings to Secure Channels) to Proposed Standard

> On Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:09:24 PM -0700 Randy Presuhn
> <randy_presuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi -

Jeff

I agree that SSH does provide authentication but authentication of what and how
strong authentication?  I recall concern being expressed that the authentication
was of a low level engine when the application required authentication of a
higher layer entity; my recollection is of seeing this on several lists.

So I think that compound authentication may still be of value to isms, in the
future.

Tom Petch