Re: problems with I-D submissions

Hi Tony:

We recognize that there are occasionally shortcomings in the error
messages that the Secretariat sends when an Internet-Draft fails
validation... especially during the run-up to an IETF meeting when the
Secretariat processes hundreds of drafts.  However, I am pleased to
report that a solution is on the way.

An Internet-Draft Submission Tool (IDST) is currently in the final
stages of development, and will be in place for IETF 69 in Chicago.
With this tool, error reports for Internet-Drafts that fail validation
will be generated by a tool developed and maintained by the Tools Team
that is based on the popular "I-D Nits" tool.

We are looking forward to the deployment of the IDST as it will benefit
not only the community, but the Secretariat as well.

Best Regards,

Barbara Fuller
for the IETF Secretariat