Re: Document Action: 'Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)' to Experimental RFC

"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Arguments on complexity are too easy to make. Every time a proposal
> is made I hear the complexity argument used against it. Everything
> we do is complex. Computers are complex. Committee process usually
> increases complexity somewhat.
>
> If an argument can always be used what is the discrimination power?

How about using answers to the question "Is this complexity needed?"
as a discriminator?

Sometimes, there is no better solution than one with certain
complexity.  That isn't inherently bad.

I'm not sure the need for this particular complex solution was
demonstrated.  I don't recall anyone defending it.  The experimental
track thus seems appropriate, if it should be published at all.

/Simon