Re: Prague

Hello;

On Mar 7, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Janet P Gunn wrote:

For those of you with experience in Prague/Czech Republic-
How practical is it to rent a car?
There are a couple of places outside Prague I would like to visit on the weekend (in particular the JAWA Motorcycle Museum of Konopiště, about 20 miles outside Prague), and I am considering renting a car.

Thanks

Janet

I have rented a car in Prague and driven into the country (and, for that matter, out of it). Driving in the country can be very enjoyable, although the roads tend to be narrow.

I would suggest you watch out for the country limitations on your car rental. If you want to go outside the EU, get the appropriate rental. If your rental does not cover some country, do not take it there. Customs agents will ask to see the contract and can and do impound cars taken outside the rental coverage area.

Regards
Marshall