Re: ietf-moms

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
And think of the Security Considerations section.  (And do we need IANA
considerations, too?)

For this subject, there is absolutely no way to avoid an internationalization considerations section - and of course the scalability considerations section needs to be *extensive*!

Let me give you some feedback as an operator.

An an operator of a child-provisioning system (see my linkedin.com job
description), I've noticed that there are essentially little possibilities
of scaling until the child-labour and slavery laws are repealed. One just
can tell one's 9 year-old to change the diapers of the 2 year old.

Further, as the "technology" matures, one can't tell a 14-year old
anything. (I've noticed the latter only second hand.
Okay, I saw it on TV.)

The problem starts around 20 months, when they figure out that shaking
their heads means "NAK", although with enough retransmissions, you
can sometimes turn that into an ACK.

As for security considerations: "Lock up everything you care about"
IANA registry? Not necessary. All locators and protocol parameters are locally
determined by context. See the SPKI naming system.
"liam's dad" is anchored locally by liam by a public key in trusted store,
and is always resolved locally. Thus, no IANA, no ICANN, etc... remind
you of a John Lennon song?

(seriously: Just Do It!)

It is done.
We haven't started talking much yet.

As for using a wiki... it's a nice idea, but if spouses/children are
going to actually plan to do something, it needs to be a bit more private,
and a bit more clear who is involved.