ietf-moms

Michael Richardson [mailto:mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx] writes:

 > If there is interest, I will make a list. If someone has a more PC
 > name, I'll use it.

As we all know, the absolutely most critically important thing about any project, and a mailing list should be no exception, is its name.  It should be something already recognizable as having some memorable meaning, that ideally has nothing whatsoever to do with its actual purpose.

Therefore, I propose IETF-SOS: IETF Significant OtherS.  Of course, in normal discourse that last S would be lowercase, to show that it is pluralizing the acronym, not adding on another word.  However, making that clear would deprive the anal-retentive of yet another fun thing to argue about.

(Worried that using the last letter is not permitted?  There is precedent, set by Bill Watterson: GROSS.)

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson
"Specialization is for insects."  -Heinlein