Re: WG Review: Media Server Control (mediactrl)

We had not considered the control framework to be a management framework.
Rather, we see it as a repeatable design pattern for how to find and
establish protocol connections to a media server.  What indicates that it is
a management protocol?  We do expect to use existing SNMP methods for the
input to the broker protocol.  However, that is passive monitoring and not
provisioning.

Have we missed something?

Good point on the milestones; check out the message to Magnus to see if
we've addressed the issues.

Thanks.

On 2/19/07 8:14 AM, "Pekka Savola" <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, IESG Secretary wrote:
>> Given the wide acceptance of the media server, we need a standard
>> way to control them.
>
> This, and taking a look at draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-05.txt
> which seems to be relevant here, seems to imply this group is about to
> build a management framework for SIP services.  I'm not sure if such a
> framework has been chartered yet in other WGs, and if not, this would
> be the first time, bearing closer scrutiny how to do it correctly.
>
> How much the manamgement part of O&M has been consulted?  What is the
> model of co-operation with the IETF management expertise?
>
>> MILESTONES
>>
>> APR 2007 Requirements Document
>> JUN 2007 Framework Document
>> NOV 2007 Conference Control Protocol
>> MAR 2008 IVR Control Protocol
>> JUN 2008 Broker Protocol or BCP
>
> These are horribly vague.  Are the dates for WG adoption?  WGLC?
> Shipping off to the IESG?

by email and then delete it.