RE: MUST implement AES-CBC for IPsec ESP

Larry,

Please note that any responses to your question "Are any of these encryption algorithms patented?" are being provided by individuals in the spirit of helpfulness and open sharing of information.  Neither IETF nor the IETF Trust provide assurances or advice as to whether or not technology covered by IETF standards are covered by patent claims.  The exclusive mechanism for soliciting and disclosing patent claims within the context of IETF activity is specified in RFC 3979, as we have discussed before.  Please do not take anyone's efforts to respond to your questions as "official" IETF positions, as they are not and may not be relied upon as such.

Regards,
Jorge