RE: IM and Presence history

I absolutely agree with Steve here, but I think that the problem here is too little integration, not too much. I don't think that this security through obscurity scales very well.

There needs to be a gatekeeper. If someone wants to schedule a call with me, fine, just drop me a note first so I can tell my system to accept it. Oh and if you want to send more than a few lines in the note you will have to be on the approvals list.

CEOs and Paris Hilton already have these security measures in place.

I think that a good technical bar to set here is that a 'one address' system must be secure enough against unwanted contact that Paris Hilton can use it and post the same contact address on her Web site as Britney Spears would use to contact her.

If you are known directly or a friend of a trusted friend you get in, otherwise you get a lower level of communication, the bottom rank being directed to the Paris Hilton fan club.