Re: draft-kolkman-appeal-support

yeah, I sympathize with the desire to be less vulnerable to asymmetric attacks, and also with the general notion that if your appeal has sufficient merit to sway the iesg, iab, etc then you can probably find some people outside those bodies who think your appeal has merit.

I also believe that if "just anyone" can declare that an appeal has merit, the nutcases will band together to support one another.

I just don't think that IETF meeting attendance is an appropriate way to decide who is a nutcase and who isn't.