Re: NOMCOM term limits... Re: Now there seems to be lack of communication here...

No Eric I don't object to the NOMCOM members being active in the IETF but
what does that mean? That they have created IP that the IETF is the Owner
of? And while, or after their document's are published? it makes all the
difference.

FWIW - Their being Management at the same time that they were
subject-participants would be a clear conflict of interest. Being a
publishing author of process-technology document and a WG Chair, AD or other
NOMCOM role a Conflict based on any number of accountability issues.
Especially if you were a WG Chair of the WG you were publishing in...

Here is the deal - the IETF is a very important thing IMHO and needs to be
preserved, but it also needs to be made impervious to and all personalities
including mine and that means that it becomes totally fair and open - i.e.
willing to have its processes challenged in the light of providing a fair
and equitable platform of standards development.

The core issue is not my objections to the lack of any positive government
but rather the failing of the IESG and IETF Management to foster and promote
more than one standard a year. This is a joke considering the billions of
dollars that are spent on improving the IETF's IP portfolio at the expense
of the Tax Payer and more importantly its a testament to the failure of the
IESG as it sits today.

The IETF and IESG need to produce at minimum 1/2 dozen or more standards per
year IMHO otherwise they are violating their charter's and are exercising
personal judgment rather than professional assessment's ...

In fact  no standards process should be allowed which don't have full
project vetting and milestone definition plans. And when those milestones
are completed the project advances automatically to the next stage. That
being Proposed or Draft Standard. As long as the Interoperability Milestones
and Implementation Port count's are met then this Standards Process is not
something that the IESG should have a say in at all. They ARE NOT THE
KEEPERS OF THE INTERNET.

If anyone is - the members of the IETF and ISOC are. But the IESG sure
isn't.

Todd Glassey