administrative question on RFC publications

Dear RFC Editor,
A few months ago I proposed that the RFC 3066 Bis would be speeded up to get the RFC number 4466 (in line with an IETF tradition). I was explained that one cannot expedite one particular RFC publishing process, by-passing and delaying all the others. Is that exact?

If I ask it is because I announced an appeal against a BCP 47 Draft in the coming weeks: we want to prepare it carefully. The matter at hand is important and we will most probably have to escalate the appeal to the IAB. We felt there was no hurry due to the rank of its three Drafts on the RFC line, and no harm since authors chose a BCP because BCP Drafts are immediately applied when approved. (IANA applied it partly, IESG not).

However, if there was a way to by-pass the normal process to please the authors, and due to the important external interests and who are the involved stakeholders, I would certainly be glad to speed up the process, killing a few vacation days of my team. All the more than I am sure the IESG and the IAB would also be ready to do the same. The question is only: is this feasible?

Also, can the RFC be published while there is an IESG or an IAB appeal being considered?
I thank you for your response.
jfc