RE: Meetings in other regions

When meeting in North America, I would strongly prefer cities that
have several direct flight connections from both Europe and Asia.
Of the recent IETF meeting places, San Diego is the only one that
clearly fails this criteria... so why are we going there again?

Taking flight connections and visa requirements into account, I've always wondered why Vancouver doesn't get more meetings. I'm sure sponsorship has a lot to do with it.

--lyndon