Re: RFC Editor Function SOW Review

On 7/10/06 at 8:34 AM -0400, IETF Administrative Director wrote:

we seek comments on the Statement of Work located at:
http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/

- The SOW has nothing about performance expectations (i.e., what is noted in section 4 of draft-mankin-pub-req-10). Though I don't think the SOW should have hard requirements in this regard (draft-mankin-pub-req-10 doesn't), I do think we need to give some estimate of how many documents they're going to see and their expected throughput. A bid is going to have to be based on how fast they think they need to do the editing.

- The SOW mentions the Editorial Board for Independent submissions, but doesn't say where it comes from. I take it from the slides at the Thursday plenary that this is still in flux, but at least there should be a note indicating that this is going to be filled in later.

I've already written privately about some nits. Here are couple more:

- Strike A-1-g-3. It's redundant with A-1-g-1.
- Change "category" to "stream" in A-4-b. "Category" doesn't make any sense there (or if it does, it's undefined.)

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102