Re: Meetings in other regions

Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

>For authors of active drafts, these are the numbers as of July 7,
>2006, according to http://www.arkko.com/tools/stats/contdistr.html :

FWIW, the stats have been updated on the web now. As new
documents and new people come in, I usually have to add
some heuristics or adjust the tool in some other ways. For
instance, the graphical country charts had become
unreadable due to the addition of new countries and their
long names. This is now fixed.

In terms of predicting the future, these charts may be the
most interesting ones:

  http://www.arkko.com/tools/rfcstats/d-contdistrhist.html
  http://www.arkko.com/tools/rfcstats/countrydistrhist.html

Note that this tracks RFC publications. We know from the
other stats, for instance, that there is a lot of IETF participation
and drafts from China. This does not yet show up on the
RFC chart (0.2% of recent RFCs vs. 4% of drafts), but
it will, later.

--Jari