From:   Keith Moore [mailto:moore@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Friday, June 23, 2006 05:25 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:     Burger, Eric
Cc:     ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject:        Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:18:40 -0400
"Burger, Eric" <eburger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would offer that in *some* groups the running code bar is reasonable.

I would have little objection to requiring running code as a test of feasibility of a new idea.  I would object strongly to an argument that just because someone has running code, means it's a good indication of adequacy of the protocol...DKIM is a great example of a poorly designed protocol that has been justified by running code.