RE: Best practice for data encoding?

Steven,

	I'm not sure what you mean by saying that a problem that is
highly complex should not be solved (or, at least, that we should
consider not solving it).  That seems like a cop-out.  Minimally,
every problem we've ever faced, we've tried to solve (where "we"
refers to us weak-kneed Homo Sapiens) - no matter how hard it was
to do so - and I like to think that is the right thing to do.

	In fairness, I am reasonably sure that point 3 in RFC 1925
refers to making a complex solution work, even if a simpler answer
might be found, simply because enough people want that solution.

	It does not - IMO - rule out solving complex problems using
as simple a solution as possible, however complex that might be.

--
Eric