RE: The Emperor Has No Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?

Ever since PANA was first proposed, I did not understand why the IETF
accepted it as a work item, because it seemed to me that it was
duplicating existing capabilities (e.g., RADIUS, Diameter, etc.) and
thereby needlessly increasing complexity system-wide.

By this discussion, I surmise that you have greater insights than I.
Hence this question to you:

"What 'bad thing' would happen should PANA not go forward?"

I suspect that this question has been answered many times. But could you
please answer it using simple concepts for the benefit of those of us
who aren't thinking deeply on a sleepy Friday evening? I am particularly
interested in whether you believe end users require PANA and, if so,
why? Thanks!