Re: Stupid NAT tricks and how to stop them.

Peter Dambier wrote:

> Just for curiousity: The TI chipset AR7 is the core of a couple of boxes.
> The all run linux and you can telnet them. They can route. No need for
> NAT
>
> My box is an Eumex 300 IP from t-online.de
> It is the same as the Fritzbox from AVM.
>
> Netgear, Siemens, Linksys and D-link produce similar boxes.
>
> I remember some people at RIPE loudly thinking about writing their own
> software for the Netgear or the Linksys.

People ARE writing software for these devices. And
using their software. See,  for instance,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrt54g
Among the publicly available enhancements you
can get a tunneled v6 service if your provider
doesn't support it natively.

--Jari