RE: Stupid NAT tricks and how to stop them.

> From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore@xxxxxxxxxx]

> > Unfortunately some protocol purity zealots still have to
> realize that
> > Linksys, Netgear, Belkin and consorts don't sell NAT boxes because
> > they think NAT is good, they sell NAT boxes because
> consumers want to
> > buy them.
>
> maybe this is because "protocol purity zealots" take a long
> term view and want to preserve the flexibility of the net
> "market" to continue to grow and support new applications,
> whereas the NAT vendors are just eating their seed corn.

Your long term view is irrelevant if you are unable to meet short term
challenges.

If you can't provide the functionality that the customers want your protocol
purity comes down to 'you have to do it our way, oh and by the way we have
no interest in listening to you'.