RE: technical tutorials

I do not like the idea of adding yet another area where the ISOC gets into
the business of competing with IETF participants. The number of people who
make their living from giving training is probably much larger than the
number of people who make their living providing registry services.

I suggest that there is a much bigger need for updates on what is going on
in other standards bodies. IETF, OASIS and W3C are roughly the same size,
all are at or close to capacity in terms of standards making (I think some
of the delays in IETF process during the peak were due to overcommitted
resources).

In DIX we had a situation where about a third of the BOF consisted of
piecemeal education of the audience re SAML. In another WG I heard someone
propose a Web Services based registration protocol for credentials (i.e.
XKMS).