Re: Proposed 2008 - 2010 IETF Meeting dates

Hi Brian -

I understand the difficulty of adding too many constraints to the
scheduling process, but I'd like to point out that particpants in
events such as AFNOG and AfriNIC meetings don't necessarily all
come from Africa.  In fact, strong participation from other
regions is one of the most important mechanisms for building
the institutions involved.

Again, I understand the constraints you face, but it is certainly
worth paying attention to the fact that many of the IETF's key
participants also take very seriously their responsibility to
help other organizations gain critical mass.

Regards,

Carl