IETF@20 Guerilla Party Events for Thursday

**I Need a Pen so I Can Remember Where to Add My Time Capsule Entry Day**

Today, is I need a pen day ­ a lovely little bugger with the URL for IETF@20 stuff on it. These are a nifty accessory in office meetings when sporting the IETF@20 tattoo ­ you know, gives you that coordinated look. Pick up your pen at the IETF@20 table. In case you haven?t read this far before, I will remind you that these are first-come, first-served and will be placed on the table at random times during the day. Be mannered and assign randomly.

**IETF@25 Time Capsule**

Today is the day that we open the vault and you start predicting the future. Tell us what you see for the IETF@25. We?ll collect entries starting today and close the vault during IETF66 in Montreal. The vault will be buried online somewhere and be opened during IETF?s 25th anniversary in 2011. So, shine up those crystal balls, summon your best hallucinations and predict your favorite future scenarios for the IETF and the Internet. You?ll be glad you did. (Or, even better, you might give yourself a huge laugh in 5 years.)

Go here: http://ietf20.isoc.org and choose the Time Capsule link. It will open after noon Dallas time.

**IETF@20 Social Video Now Available**

Now playing in the IETF@20 Theatre that looks remarkably like a table in the registration area: video shot on Tuesday at the social. Listen and learn from David Clark. Catch Ray and the IETF originals. Laugh at the toasts. Drool over the cake, the food, the beer. It?s all there for your viewing pleasure.

Prefer still pictures that you can see whilst in a working group? Check out the fabulous photography of Patrik Fältström at http://stupid.domain.name/gallery/internet/ietf/ietf-65 start at roughly 9066.

For the folks that aren?t onsite, we?ll be archiving the video on the web in a week or two. Get some fiber installed and then watch it on your monitor.

Think you need this on a DVD? Let me know and we?ll see about making some dups.

**IETF@20 Trivia**

Visit today?s trivia event at http://ietf20.isoc.org/trivia/. Everyone who plays and sends in their name today will get a free fabulous embroidered IETF@20 T-shirt. This is your last chance. You?ve seen the t-shirt by now. You know this is a good thing.

If you were a winner for Wednesday?s event, you should have received an email from me telling you so. Pick up your prize during the course of the IETF65 meeting in the ISOC office. Office hours will be posted with the winners list on the IETF@20 table. The ISOC office is at the Opal Room on Tower lobby floor across from Business Center.

**Miscellany**

IETF@20 Guerilla Partying is sponsored by ISOC for IETF65. This is for hilarity. None of your registration fees were used to support these activities. No plants were harmed during the planning process. (Okay, a few might have been picked but definitely not inhaled.) Yes, there will be different activities each day. And, if you don?t want to pay attention to the IETF@20 stuff because it makes you feel too cool or you are busy trying to catch up on all the sleep you?ve missed this week, delete these messages.

**Wednesday?s Trivia**

But first, more stuff on Tuesday?s trivia?

1. One IETF attendee appeared on more than a dozen IETF name badges at the Stanford IETF -- name him or her. Milo Medin.

From Steve Casner: This was a small revolt against pressure to wear a name badge during the IETF meeting. I don't recall who picked Milo's name to be the one that was replicated, but I can say that it is a shame we don't have Milo partcipating in IETF any more.

Scott Brim added: It might have been me. I think Elise Gerich and/or Tracy LaQuey (Parker) were involved. We should definitely track down Milo.

Now for the Wednesday info?

1. Most protocols are designed as two party protocols, but one early protocol still in use today can be used as both a two party and three party protocol. Name it.
FTP. You gotta love it.  Good stuff is good stuff.

2. Name the IETF meeting where it was possible to swim in the ocean, walk past the beach bar, pick up an alcoholic slurpee and walk straight into the plenary session. Cocoa Beach... and Scott Brim did just that minus the slurpee. It must be time to go back there, isn?t it? Hurricane season is coming soon. Dallas in monsoon. Cocoa Beach in July?s hurricane season. There?s a pattern there?.

3. What was the name of the first broadly deployed protocol that had a capability to transfer email?
FTP.  Gosh, is today all about FTP?

4. What is an IMP?
IMP - Interface Message Processor - Packet Switch on the ARPA Net. This is SO easy. Seriously. IMPs were pretty giant contraptions as I recall. Here?s a bit more trivia and a picture: http://www.livinginternet.com/i/ii_arpanet.htm

5. At one point the IAB named something a co-standard with SNMP. Name that protocol. CMOT - CMIP over TCP. Yikes, dare we say OSI? Go read RFC 1189. Remember when TCP/IP and OSI were rivals? Seems like so long ago ­ there?s gotta be a Tales of the IETF story in there somewhere.