Re: Anatole in-room net confusion

The IETF65 site has updated the info:

Free Internet in the rooms?

This FAQ applies to: Any version.

Is there free wired Internet access in the hotel rooms?

Yes.  The secretariat negotiated free internet access for both wired and wireless.  You should be able to get through the hotel portal without charge.

If you can see ietf65 ssid from your room, that's free, but that's also wireless.  If you need free wired access, please stop down by the terminal room.  We'll even let you use our CAT5 cables.
--Nokia Helpdesk
by Brett Thorson last modified 2006-03-20 18:54
http://www.ietf65.org/tips-and-tools/faq/free-internet-in-the-rooms

Ray Pelletier
IAD

Sam Weiler wrote:
The FAQ at www.ietf65.org says:

    Is there free wired Internet access in the hotel rooms?

    No.

While http://www.ietf.org/meetings/hotels_65.html says:

    ** Attendees with reservations within the IETF room block will
    receive complimentary high speed Internet, local and domestic
    long distance calls from their guestrooms.

And the nice front desk person I spoke with this morning indicated there would be no charge for wired net.

What gives?

-- Sam