RE: draft-santesson-tls-ume Last Call comment

I agree,

We should provide better guidance on encoding of the UPN.

This should map with the format of UPN when provided in a certificate.
The reference to the preferred name syntax is thus inherited from RFC
3280. This is how RFC 3280 restricts labels in the dNSName subject alt
name.

I will come back with a proposal on new text later today.

Stefan Santesson
Program Manager, Standards Liaison
Windows Security