RE: Multinational Internet or Balkanization?

What I find fascinating here is the way that certain people think that
an action taken at the state level by the most populous nation on earth
with the largest army, nuclear weapons, third largest GNP etc. somehow
validates the splinter roots set up by assorted crackpots rather than
demonstrating their crackpotishness.

China is also hosting the olympics in 2008. I am sure that each year the
IOC receive tens of proposals from individuals proposing to hold the
olympics in their back garden.