RE: PDF, Postscript, and "normative" versions (was: Re: Baby Steps (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs))

John, Stewart and others,

I believe some might have taken my previous note more
personally than intended, as well as John's. As also
made clear by John below, we both looked at this with
a significantly longer time-perspective than just the
last weeks or months, as these issues have been brought
up many times before. I am sorry if someone felt
insulted, that was for sure not the intent.

It is good that we now have discussions trying to figure
out actual cases when more graphics are *really* needed,
then we might actually get out of these discussions with
some new conclusions and agreements that can guide us on
the way forward.

Cheers,
/L-E