RE: Alternative formats for IDs

> I don't see why the editor you use needs to be open-standard.
> As far as I know the IETF is attempting to standardize IP-related
> communications protocols, not editors.

Anyone should be able to contribute to the IETF, not just those
who work for big companies who have been fooled into using the
expensive and unstable application environments from M$.

> More seriously, Word is the only commonly used editor
> with an integrated tracking mechanism. I assume that even
> the purists who insist on nroff occasionally write an ID
> with others. I personally prefer to use TeX as a typesetting
> format when writing on my own, but use word for IDs
> since I have to cooperate with co-authors.

Sure, and you are free to do so. Every IETF document editor can
choose his preferred editing tool, as long as it can generate
the basic official ASCII output. If you do not know how to do
that with Word, there is help to get.

BR
/L-E