RE: [Ipsec] Last call comments about "Repeated Authentication in IKEv2"

Comments inline

You're right about the former, but I think the latter needs to stay. It
refers to the timing of sending the message.

> 3) Section 2: "It is recommended that an INITIAL-CONTACT
> notification be included in the AUTH exchange."
>
> This is probably not correct. RFC4306 says that "This notification
> MUST NOT be sent by an entity that may be replicated (e.g., a
> roaming user's credentials where the user is allowed to connect to
> the corporate firewall from two remote systems at the same time)."
>
> Even if the corporate IT department has decided not to allow this,
> the initiator probably does not know this, so it should not include
> the notification.
>
> Furthermore, the INITIAL_CONTACT notification is not really needed
> for anything in this case, since the client has not crashed,
> and it still has all the information it needs to properly close
> the old IKE_SA (once the new one has been established).

I thought INITIAL_CONTACT would be a shorter way to achieve the same goal,
but I forgot about the replication problem. I agree.  This line must go.

> 4) Section 7 (IANA Considerations): The text should say that the
> number needs to be assigned from the "Status Types" range (and not
> the "Error Types" part)

Well, if and when this is published, This would change to a specific,
allocated number.  I did write this in the IANA application.

> 5) Typos etc.
> Section 2: the Informational response should be "HDR, SK{}"
> Section 3, s/AUTH_LEFETIME/AUTH_LIFETIME/
> Section 6, should explicitly say that both references are normative

Agreed.