Re: IETF Last Call: draft-salowey-tls-ticket-06.txt

> The MAC will check out only if the servers are using the same key.  If the
> servers regularly generate new keys (as is suggested in the

If there is no rnormative requirement that the MAC field actually contain
a MAC, how can we assume this?  And if there is no algorithm indication,
how do we know how long the MAC field is?

> Doesn't the key_version field also provide a hint
> as to whether the ticket is something that you
> can recognize?

If the key_version field was globally and temporally unique (for example,
if it included the server name + a counter) then it would provide that
information.  But it's just a 32-bit integer.  If servers start
at zero, the chance of collision will be qu ite high.