Re: Alternative formats for IDs

John,

I've still got some misgivings about PDF because one of my
requirements is to be able to extract things from documents and
mark them up.

Good question. I do think that we need the ability to
extract material for various purposes, including

o  Comparisons (rfcdiff etc)
o  Bis-construction
o  Verification and statistics tools
o  Alternative representations (even those offered outside the IETF)

Now, I confess that I do not know much about how easy
this is from PDF. I suspect its hard... But one way to look
at this problem is to say that for you to submit .pdf we need
to have your source available as well. And if the source format is
standardized, then various operations are possible.

--Jari