Re: The IETF Trust License is too restricted

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
What is the purpose of the trust if not to attempt to prevent
unauthorized derrivative works?

Its purpose is to give the IETF control of its own IPR, which
has previously been held by 3rd parties. (That's not the legal
statement of purpose in the formal Trust Agreement.)

What we then do once we have such control is then something we
can discuss and reach consensus on. Part of that discussion is
already happening in the IPR WG.

   Brian