Re: I-D file formats and internationalization

On 11/30/05, Jeroen Massar <jeroen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can of course publish drafts and RFC's as XML which supports any
> character set you want.

AFAIK, RFC2026 still applies:

"the ASCII text version is the definitive reference"

> One can always start translating RFC's:

This is true. But it has nothing to do with my original message, which
suggested that the format for the definitive reference be changed to
UTF-8 text documents. This is a simple, backward compatible change.
Artwork and natural languages are interesting topics that could
probably be debated separately.

--

Robert Sayre