Re: Internationalization by ASCII art (was Re: I-D file formats and internationalization)

On 11/30/05, Masataka Ohta <mohta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Robert Sayre wrote:
>
> > Unicode support is a different matter. I find the current IETF policy
> > to be incredibly bigoted. Many RFCs and I-Ds are currently forced to
> > misspell the names of authors and contributors, which doesn't seem
> > like correct attribution to me.
>
> It is your stupidity that you can't recognize peoples' names correctly
> represented in ASCII.

Well, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Google is even
duller than I am. Anyway, I'm wondering what all the command line
whinging is about, since I came home from work and tried some command
line tools on <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/quickbrown.txt>.
I tried cat, vi/vim, more/less, and pico/nano on Ubuntu Linux 5.10.

--

Robert Sayre