Re: XML2RFC submission (was Re: ASCII art)

--On Tuesday, 29 November, 2005 12:00 +0100 Brian E Carpenter
<brc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Were there still regular use of nroff in the broad community,
>> there  might be an argument in favor of continuing to have it
>> as the internal  representation of authoritative rfc text.
>>
>> But there isn't.  Whereas xml2rfc has been gaining broad (and
>> enthusiastic) adoption.
>
> The anonymous survey that I ran a few months ago, in case
> people have forgotten,
> appeared to show about 17% preferring nroff and 68% preferring
> xml2rfc.

At the risk of stating the obvious, 17% is far too large a
number to support the claim that there is no regular use in the
broad community.  One or two percent might be, but...

Disclaimer: Of all of the ways I have composed I-D and RFC text,
nroff has never been one of them -- this is just an observation,
not an attempt to defend a personal habit.

    john