Re: RFCs should be distributed in XML (Was: Faux Pas --web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

> In OASIS the de facto document markup during the preparation of the
> documents is Word. The principle reason for this is that Word allows for
> changes to the document to be highlighted.

I tried and found that, if I modify figures there is no highlightning.

Even if I remove or paste text boxes in figures, there is no
highlightening.

> The ability to see the differences to the document is critical if you
> want people to read it thoroughly more than once.

I'm afraid that with highlightning on changes, people read only the
changed part. A better way is to make the document short.

Anyway, you are saying figures are not critical part of the document,
aren't you?

If so, just use diff.

							Masataka Ohta