Re: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:

> HTML is a Web format, not an e-mail format.  And unlike PDF, HTML does
> not guarantee any particular presentation at the receiving end, since
> the receiving software must interpret the HTML. HTML gives
> suggestions, not absolute rules as PDF does, which means that HTML may
> look nothing like the author intended.

I fully agree. And for those of us who prefer to use text-based e-mail
clients (I use pine), HTML-only e-mails are close to un-readable.
Fortunately, many clients include the alternative text version, but
not all.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Academic Research and Technology Initiatives, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole@xxxxxxxxx  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj